Ohio HSTW/MMGW History
- 1996 Ohio expressed interest in High Schools that Work.
- 1998 Ohio became the 22nd state to join the HSTW national network.
- 1999 year-long HSTW academy with 13 sites.
- 2000 HSTW expanded through four regional centers and 43 sites.
- 2002 HSTW increased to 85 sites and became a member of MMGW national network.
- 2003 -2015 HSTW/MMGW increased to over 240 high school, career center and middle grade sites.
Ohio Regions Goals
- Build a knowledge base built on action research.
- Create a network of education and community partnerships across the regions.
- Raise public awareness and support with local Boards of Education.
- Develop the habits and skills of data-based decision making.
- Provide professional development opportunities for teachers, coordinators, and administrators.
- Provide specialized professional development customized for each site.
- Provide technical assistance to sites for implementing HSTW/MMGW activities - developing site action plans, conducting surveys, analyzing data, preparing for the site review process.
- Provide resources to sites - Ohio and national speakers, exemplary sites, books, newsletters and other print media.